Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fine and Mellow

I once broke up with a man over the selection of music he chose to play in the car.  Well, perhaps it wasn’t entirely his road trip soundtrack.  But that – combined with his tendency to constantly reference the Hermann Hesse book Siddhartha with the pronunciation “Sid Arthur,” certainly created the perfect storm.  Looking back I realize I should have been less judgmental…at least in so far as the music was concerned.   'Cause let me tell ya, payback is a bitch!  Ravi, my little budding music aficionado, lets me know in no uncertain terms (read: loud grunting with an occasional scream) what is and is not acceptable to his 11-month-old ears. I’m sad that some of my staples like Marvin Gaye and Bruce Springsteen haven’t made the cut, and the fact that at this point he wants nothing to do with Billie Holiday really bums me out.  But I’ve got to tell you, the kid has pretty great taste. Easy listening for sure...and smooth, like a perfect martini from back in the day served cold and dirty at the Plaza Hotel's Oak Room.  Fine and Mellow!
Just in case you’ve forgotten just how flippin’ good these tunes are, here are some video’s to remind you.  Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment